COVID-19 Safety Plan
Even before COVID-19, Adela's Bed and Breakfast was known for cleanliness. Our cleanliness was often mentioned by our guests and in reviews. Now, with the coronavirus, we have implemented enhanced cleaning and disinfecting measures for your safety and peace of mind.
- Guests are required where applicable to wear face masks in all common areas. The staff will wear face masks in all common areas. You are not required to wear face masks when eating, drinking or have a medical condition.
- We have hand sanitizer available to use when you enter our home. Each room has disinfectant wipes for your use. (subject to availability).
- The house is very spacious, so it is easy to keep social distance while interacting with others in the common areas. Physical distancing when in common areas is expected from both guests and staff.
- In the bedrooms, all bed linens, including the comforters, are washed in hot water (140 F / 60 Celsius) and thoroughly dried in the dryer. All decorative pillows have been removed.
- In the bathrooms, all towels, bathrobes, and bath mats are washed in hot water (140 F / 60 Celsius) and thoroughly dried in the dryer.
- The rooms are extensively cleaned and then disinfected. A partial list includes all countertops, dressers, night tables, lamps, switches, door handles, doors, door frames, headboard, side rails, footboard, window latches, window frames, tub enclosure, toilets, and all fixtures.
In the common areas, all high touch surfaces (switches, railings, door handles, patio furniture are cleaned and disinfected daily.
- We have installed a HEPA Air Purifier in the dining room area and there is one in each bedroom. The HEPA filter is the same technology approved for use in aircraft. We have a fresh exchange cycle on our HVAC system to cycle fresh outside air into our home periodically throughout the day.
Jessie and I both Food Safe Certified. We offer breakfast typically between 8:00 AM and 9:30 AM, which allows us to stagger the breakfast times between guests if requested. We also can maintain social distancing during breakfast times. You can enjoy your meal on the upper deck at the dining table, or the upper deck patio furniture, or at the indoor dining room table, or the kitchen island.
We are continually reviewing the federal and provincial guidelines to stay up to date as this is an ever-evolving situation. If you need more information or have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
We look forward to the opportunity to serve you!
Jay & Jessie Clifford
Adela's Bed and Breakfast